TEENAGERS, TECHNOLOGY, AND ROLE OF AN ANDROID PARENTAL CONTROL APP
In this digital era, many parents struggle due to the influence of technology on teenagers. Technology even acts as a huge hindrance in the formation of a strong relationship between parents and teens. Teenagers stay attached to their mobile devices all day long and feel disconnected with their parents and siblings. An unhealthy and disproportionate use of the technology leads to digital addiction in teenagers.
What is Digital Addiction?
Digital addiction is just as real as any other addiction that affects your health physically. An unhealthy addiction to technology does not only affect the addict’s body physically but also affect them mentally especially if they are teenagers then they need to be protected from the adult content on the web.
When teenagers are allowed to use their smart devices for an unlimited period of time without any parental supervision then they are more likely to get addicted to technology.
Digital addiction can lead to:
- Exposure to adult content
- Depression and anxiety
- Sleep deprivation, fatigue, obesity and weak eyesight
How Do Parental Control Apps Help in Eradicating Tech-addiction?
The rate of digital addiction has predominantly increased after the advent of Android mobile devices. Since Android devices are easy to buy (cheaper rates) and easy to use (several attractive features), therefore, many teenagers opt for Android mobile devices and gradually develop a digital addiction. Parents who switch to smart parenting use Android parental control apps to protect their kids from digital addiction. An android parental control app such as FamilyTime enables parents to do the following:
- Parents can regulate their teen’s screen time by scheduling auto screen lock
- Parents can lock their child’s device with a single swipe using their FamilyTime dashboard. Want your child to give undivided attention to his/her studies? Simply lock their devices during their study time!
- Parents can monitor web-browsing history on their teen’s device to make sure their child is not exploring illicit content on the web. (Pornographic content tends to be extremely addictive for teenagers)
- Parents can see the frequently visited URLs along with the date and time stamps (If you find your child visiting adult content on any specific time, you can lock their device at that time)
- Parents can view the list of the apps installed on their teen’s Android device
- Parents can check the app-usage frequency and the date of installation of particular apps
- Parents can put any addictive apps on the Blacklist to protect their kids from digital addiction
Want to have a look at all the other features provided by the FamilyTime app? Get it now on your child’s Android device by visiting the app store on your own phone first as you have to install its parent version first.