Kids love to dip their food, and I love making easy snacks. That’s why this Easy Lasagna Dip Recipe is a new favorite in our home! It includes the classic Italian flavors you love in Lasagna, in an easy to snack dip! This is perfect for serving as an appetizer at parties, or just making for your family to snack on after school or while you are cooking dinner.
Slow Cooker Lasagna Dip Recipe
One of the things I love the most about this Lasagna Dip is that it is great for using up those crispy loaves of bread I often find on sale in the bakery area of the grocery store. In fact, watch the bakery clearance section for day old loaves of French bread, rolls, or baguettes and grab to freeze. They thaw out great to be toasted and used as a “chip” for this dip!
Ingredients for Lasagna Dip:
4 Chopped tomatoes
½ Cup cheddar cheese
½ Cup marinara sauce
¼ Cup sour cream
1 Cup chopped green onions
¾ Cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 ½ Cup ricotta cheese
2 Chopped onions
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning mix
¼ Cup chopped parsley leaves
½ Pound ground beef
1 Tsp thyme leaves
¼ Cup olive oil
Directions for Lasagna Dip:
- In a large bowl, season the ground beef with the seasoning mix.
- Place in a large skillet (I prefer cast iron) over medium heat and cook for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Drain the majority of the oil from the meat
- Transfer to a slow cooker (I love this Hamilton Beach Portable Slow Cooker that is made to travel), and add the tomatoes, onion, thyme, and olive oil.
- In a bowl mix ¼ cup cheddar cheese, ½ Cup green onions, marinara sauce, sour cream, parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, coriander leaves.
- Stir together, until it is evenly combined and transfer to the crockpot.
- Set on high and cook for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with the remaining cheddar cheese and green onions.
This is a great Slow Cooker appetizer recipe that you are going to turn to any time you have a party or event to attend. It cooks easily, and of course, makes a great snack recipe. I love being able to use my slow cooker to make mealtime and snacking easier to manage. With this recipe for Lasagna Dip, I can leave the dip on warm and go about my work. Kids can serve themselves a snack and I don’t have to stop what I am doing. That’s a great win for a work at home mom!
More Great Recipes: