Do you ever have chicken thawed but no idea what to make? This Lemon Chicken Breast In Cream Sauce recipe is so simple to make and absolutely amazing! You will completely fall in love with the flavor, and of course, how easy it is to make a meal that everyone will rave over and ask for again.
Lemon Chicken Breast In Cream Sauce
Chicken breasts are a staple item in most kitchens. They are super versatile, affordable, and healthy. Yet, sometimes you get bored with the same old things every time. That’s where an easy meal like this comes in handy. It is not just yummy, it looks amazing! Perfect for serving guests, or just surprising your family with special meal.
Ingredients for Lemon Chicken Breast in Cream Sauce:
4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
1/2 C Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 C chicken broth
½ C cream
1 juice of lemon
3 tbsp. capers
dash salt & pepper
2 tbsp cornstarch and water
Directions for Lemon Chicken Breasts in Cream Sauce:
1. Mix together the parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and flour.
2. Take each chicken breast and dredge the chicken on both sides to coat. Set aside.
3. Fry the chicken breasts in a bit of oil on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
5. In the same pan you just used, add the cream and garlic powder. Heat the sauce to a simmer and let reduce by 1/3. Turn the heat to low and add the remaining 1/4C of parmesan cheese. Mix well
6. If you find the sauce is not as thick as you prefer, make a slurry of the cornstarch and water and add it to the cream sauce to thicken.
7. Add the capers and lemon juice to the sauce.
8. Add the chicken back to the fry pan and sauce.
9. Continue to let the dish cook for another few minutes and then garnish with extra lemon wedges. Serve with rice, noodles, potatoes or any side dish you’d like.
Ways To Serve Lemon Chicken Breast In Cream Sauce:
My kiddos love this Lemon chicken breasts dish and it’s super easy and delicious. It packs tons of flavor, so it’s a perfect option for serving to your family with a simple side. Here are some great options to serve alongside your chicken that are easy to make and delicious.
- Angel Hair Pasta or Thin Spaghetti (toss in a small amount of butter or olive oil, and serve topped with chicken and a spoon of sauce
- With herbed potatoes and steamed vegetables (a simple diced and roasted potato or vegetable is a great side
- With Alfredo and pasta (if you think the sauce isn’t enough to coat pasta, serve with a side of Alfredo instead!
This Lemon Chicken Breast in Cream Sauce recipe is going to become a favorite dish you go back to over and over again. With tons of flavor and a super easy recipe to follow, it will be sure to make your family happy time and again.
More Great Recipes: