I have very thick crazy hair. I have to take very good care of it to keep it manageable. If I don’t do things the right way with my hair I end up with a ball of frizz. I’m talking bushy hair to the max!
I’ve always wanted that really straight hair and been envious of those with nice sleek thin hair. Then I see those wanting to add volume to their hair. What????? I run from any type of volume in my hair 🙂
Isn’t it great that there are so many products and techniques that make it possible for us to do so many things with our hair. We are able to go from straight to big and big to straight in no time at all.
If you are looking to change-up your look and add some volume to your hair here’s a great Hair Tutorial: Voluminous Hair Blowout.
If you try this tutorial be sure to let me know how it works out for you, I’d love to see your voluminous hair!
(Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links – Disclosure Policy)
Ever wonder how the professionals get your hair so sleek and full of body? Madison Reed colorist Noelle shows you just how easy it is to achieve this voluminous hair right at home in today’s hair tutorial!
NOTE: This style works best on straight or slightly wavy hair to get the most volume.
Full written instructions at the bottom of the page.
1. Wash and condition your hair using Madison Reed nourishing, color enhancing shampoo and conditioner set. Comb through your tresses using a big toothed comb. This will result in the least amount of damage to your wet locks!
2. Use a micro-fiber towel to gently squeeze out all excess moisture. The drier the hair the better the results!
NOTE: Avoid rubbing hair with a towel as it will damage your hair cuticles and make it look more frizzy.
3. Using a comb, section your hair into four horizontal sections (from temple to temple, ear to ear) and twist them into a bun. This will make the drying process MUCH easier.
4. If you have bangs or any shorter fringe around the face, start here as this section will dry the quickest. Using a round brush, swipe your bangs downward and side-to-side. Set your hair dryer to medium heat and direct the air-flow to blow downward from root to tip.
5. Release the bottom section of your hair and position the air flow downward towards the direction you will be brushing. Hold the round brush horizontally and curl your hair inward. Drape hair on your shoulder and allow it to cool off.
Pro tip: Using the cool button on your blow dryer to prolong your style.
6. Release the section of hair above this one and repeat step 5.
7. Release the section of hair above this one and repeat step 5 again. When you reach either side above the ears, the method of drying will change a bit. Hold the brush at a slightly vertical angle and twirl it inward. Don’t forget to use that cool button!
8. The final section at the top of the head is where you can get the most volume. Begin at the crown (back portion of this section) and position your brush horizontally. Round your hair inward and concentrate the air flow downward at the roots to get the most lift.
9. Finally, dry the remaining section of hair apply a light finishing spray. Viola Voluminous Hair!
What are you waiting for? Now is the perfect time to try Madison Reed‘s healthier for you color! Happy October! Take $10 off your first purchase of Madison Reed hair color – just use the offer code OCTOBERLOVE at checkout.