If you’re anything like me you love creamy …. I can’t get enough sometimes 🙂 and my waistline shows it! I love when I can make a yummy dish that combines many of my favorites. I love this Creamy Rosemary Mushrooms on Toast. It’s the perfect gathering of creamy, savory flavor and crunch.
What so fabulous about this Creamy Rosemary Mushroom on Toast is the many options. You can serve it as a main dish, make it a gorgeous appetizer serving it in smaller amounts on crostinis…. serve it up as delicious lunch with a side salad.
Creamy Rosemary Mushrooms on Toast
Start out with your butter and onions… salting the onions slightly
Sauteing the onions until transparent you’ll then add in mushrooms. Salt them slightly as well
Once mushrooms are soft and have shrunk down, move all that goodness to the side. Add in the cup of cream (my favorite creamy part).
Mix everything together and continue to cook until the cream is reduced and thickened.
Spoon this scrumptious Creamy Rosemary Mushrooms onto your toast or crostinis …. drizzle the cream from the pan … viola you’ve got yourself an easy, yet delectable dish.
- 1 Basket Mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 1 C Heavy whipping cream
- ½ Onion, sliced
- 2 tsp Rosemary, dried
- 4 slices Bread, toasted and buttered
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- as desired Salt and Pepper
- To a frying pan, add butter and onions. Salt the onions slightly.
- Saute the onions until transparent and starting to get golden. Add mushrooms and salt slightly again.
- Saute the mixture until the mushrooms have shrunk in size and are soft
- Move the mixture to the side of the pan and add the cup of cream
- Bring to a boil, and add the rosemary, salt and pepper
- Mix everything together and continue to cook until the cream is reduced and thickened
- Spoon mushrooms onto the buttered toast and drizzle the pan cream sauce on top.
♥ Here’s some more recipes I thought you might enjoy ♥
What do you think, will you make this wonderful Creamy Rosemary Mushrooms as a main dish on toast or an appetizer on crostinis?