Our lives, living in controlled chaos. Raising kids & coping with tragedy
5 Smiles and Laughs this Week
Hope everyone’s week went well. Ours was pretty great, maybe just a little too fast. We’re going into 2 weeks of no school, I’m not looking forward to being a referee between my squabbling bunch. My plan is to keep them so busy they won’t have time to argue 😉
I want to share with you the things that made me smile and/or laugh this week. I’m participating in the blog hop: Saturday Top Five Laughs. I really look forward to writing this every week!!!!
Here we go…..
5. I got to watch my 4th grader get ready for his elementary school dance. It was really sweet. He was so excited and had been planning his outfit for about 2 weeks. He came home yesterday with a sore stomach from all the sweets and excitement. Overeating comes with a price.
4. Our youngest has not been feeling well this week. We were all downstairs after dinner. Things were pretty quiet and we didn’t know where the baby was. I went upstairs to find that she had tucked her little self into daddy’s side of the bed. She had the blanket pulled all the way up under her chin and was sound asleep. I’m not sure which I liked better; how sweet she looked lying there or the thought going through my mind as I pumped my fist “one down“!
3. My husband and I were watching the Voice. They were getting ready to sing a song. I looked at him and said “baby, I dedicate this song to you“. He’s not a big Kelly Clarkson fan so when the song was playing he just kinda looked at me like- oh ok this is a nice song. When the chorus started and he heard “And honestly, my life would suck without you“. He turned and looked at me with his face all red and had the loudest belly laugh. I think he likes the song now….
2. The baby has been getting into quite of bit of trouble lately. I’m telling you toddlers and teenagers are a crazy combo. She was doing something she wasn’t suppose to do. I said “Ka’ilima” with a firm voice. She looked up at me with wide eyes and a surprised look to see me standing there. Without even a second of thought she busted into her Saturday Night Fever dancing. She takes her little arms rolls them in front of her and then points her little fingers up and down just like John Travolta. She even had the little facial attitude and her hips were shaking. It cracked me up and she totally got out of a scolding. She worked me like usual.
1. We picked up all our cookie, gingerbread house making stuff and craft things. Last night some of the kids colored some cookies. There was a little bit of bickering and the old “quit copying me” and “mine is better” talk going on. But in the end they got along pretty nicely. It was really enjoyable to hear them working together and also see their individuality in their coloring. It made it even better that they were able to do it all on their own. Some of them thought my husband and I were going to judge who had the best. We bowed out of that one. One of my son’s said “we all win”. Yup, I like that! 🙂
How was your week? What made you smile or laugh this week? Let me know and link up with the blog hop too!