Another week just flying by us! Some of the kids are out of school for Winter Break and a few have a week more to go. I think we’re gonna be spending a lot of days at the Water Park or the beach.
I want to share with you the things that made me smile and/or laugh this week. I like to participate in the blog hop: Saturdays Top Five Laughs. It helps me to bring my week into perspective. It shows me that even with all the stress of the kids, family, household stuff and trying to be a good wife for my husband; there is a lot of joy and blessings in my life.
On to my top 5…….
5. Watching my 14 and 13 year-olds scramble to prepare for their end of semester finals. It really reinforced with me the decision to not send them to public school this year. The curriculum they are given takes them to a higher level and is always challenging them. They may have struggled this week, but their eyes have been opened to what a rigorous college schedule will look like.
4. Took my daughter to get birthday pictures done. She was a complete terror. She didn’t want to cooperate she just wanted to do her own thing. In the end, the pictures that were taken had her defiant personality. I keep looking at them thinking, you know this is who she is and I’m glad the pictures reflect her disposition and charm.
3. My son Ethan always goes to our neighbors house to walk with his friend to school. He always has to wait a few minutes for his little friend to finish getting ready before they can head on off to school. One day this week, my son over slept. Around 7 am I could hear the neighbor boy yelling “Ethan? Ethan? are you ok? Where are you Ethan?” It was absolutely adorable to hear this little boy have so much concern for his friend that wasn’t where he had grown accustomed to seeing him everyday for the past 2 years.
2. We have a little chihuahua mix puppy. There are about 5-6 girls on our street that hang out together. Their favorite thing to do is to come visit our puppy, none of them have pets of their own. They take her for walks, feed her, give her water, love on her and have even bought her gifts. Our little Lehua is the community pet. One day, the girls were standing in front of our house not paying attention to the puppy. All of a sudden I could hear this agonizing whining coming from our yard. It was Lehua looking through the fence crying to the girls to play with her. It was so pitiful and precious. One of the girls picked her up and held her like a newborn baby. I don’t think they’ll be forgetting to play with her anytime soon.
1. This week I had the opportunity to hear my husband sing Hawaiian music. He has such a beautiful voice and doesn’t show it off quite often enough. I love how this rough around the edges guy can become so gentle and have an angelic presence about him. He loves Hawaiian music and sings it with such ease and is able to project the vision and the meaning of the song through his voice and eyes.